Plants can really bring a new atmosphere or aura in every room of the house, and the kitchen is not an exemption. But buying and placing them around the area where you cook is not enough. It should be there to add a cohesive and aesthetic look. More importantly, they should be able to live there to lift your spirits up– so you can produce a delicious meal. Here are things you should consider to get the best plants for your kitchen.
- Check lighting and sunlight exposure in your kitchen. Then do your research to which plants can live on the amount of lighting or sun exposure your kitchen gets.
- Your plants can get plenty of love in the kitchen because it’s easy to get water from there. But be careful not to overwater them. Make sure you know how to take care of the specific plants you’re buying.
- To avoid accidents, don’t place it where people move around a lot.
- Choose plants and pots that match or work on the color scheme of your kitchen.
- Choose tall plants if you want to create an illusion of height in your kitchen.
- Do your research on the toxicity level of the plant you’re getting. You don’t want to grow poisonous plants in the area where you prepare meals.
- Flowering plants may not be a good idea in the kitchen. It might cause allergens that can possibly be added to the meal you’re cooking.
- For your kitchen countertop, pick plants that are not too big.
- Plants can also act as a great visual barrier if you have an open kitchen plan.
- Choose plants that are hardy or those that can live in your kitchen’s temperature. Keep in mind that this area becomes hotter when cooking meals. You better do some temperature checks first.
Aside from being a lovely decoration, plants can help improve the purity of the air and reduce the humidity of your kitchen area. If you will ask me– it’s vital to have plants in there. For the best plants that you can put in the kitchen– check our plants here at Floral Bottega. They are easy to take care of even to most first-timers.